Parenthood isn’t easy and while we all go gooey over cute babies, that doesn’t mean we’re ready to have some of our own.
According to mums from ChannelMum.com, there are specific traits that can help you determine if you are really ready to be a mum!
Think you’re ready?
See how many of the ‘good mother attributes’ you tick off below, to see if you’re really ready!
1. "Being there when your child needs you
2. Wanting your child's happiness more than your own
3. Coping with all the highs and lows of parenting
4. Loving your child unconditionally
5. Being emotionally available for your child
6. Answering all their questions dozens of times
7. Doing the drudgery of domestic chores like washing, cooking and cleaning out of love
8. Going without so your child has what they need
9. Giving out hugs and kisses on cue
10. Being willing to scare monsters under the bed
11. Being up for a laugh - like putting music on and dancing with the kids
12. Taking the time to look after the children when they are poorly
13. Giving your time up for snuggles on the couch and bedtime stories
14. Being home to tuck everyone into bed at night."
Mums believed that the most important trait of the lot was ‘always being there when your child needs you’.
Of course, there are many ways to be a good parent, but this is just a quick way to see if you’re ready to put your kid first!
What matters most is how you behave once you do become a parent!