Sewing Needles Found In Strawberry Punnets Sold At Aussie Supermarkets

Check the fridge!

Sewing Needles Found In Strawberry Punnets Sold At Aussie Supermarkets  Stock image

In breaking news, there are reports that dangerous material has been found inside strawberry punnets sold at Australian supermarkets.

Sewing needles have been found inside punnets of strawberries sold at Woolworths.

This is believed to have affected stores in Queensland and Victoria, and anyone in QLD, VIC or NSW is encouraged to throw out any strawberries they have at home.

Queensland Health and police are investigating.

Two brands in particular are affected - Berry Obsession and Berrylicious, with one farm implicated in south-east Queensland.

"If [you] do have any strawberries it would be safest to dispose of them," Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young said.

"One person did consume a contaminated strawberry and they're being assessed at the moment."

If anyone is concerned that they might have swallowed a needle, they are encouraged to call 13 HEALTH or see their GP.

 

 

 

;